FULTON YMCA SPEED DEMONS
Speed Demons is a competitive swim team which offers high quality coaching and technique instruction for grades K-12. We are a co-educational, competitive swim team that participates in junior and senior swimming under the direction of the Fulton YMCA.
Since competitive swimming is both a highly individual and team sport, the values of sportsmanship, teamwork, and individual development are stressed.
Our coaching is planned to teach, train and encourage swimmers to achieve their potential in competitive swimming. Swimmers will learn team building, responsibility and commitment which will prove valuable to them as they grow and develop.
Swimmers will learn how to read the warm up board, pace clock and will be introduced to beginner sets and intervals.
Both Junior and Senior teams will learn to enhance the opportunity for this personal development, a policy of “Everybody Swims” is followed.
Cassandra Jones, Head Coach
Brittany Zacharias, Assistant Coach
Junior Team: Practices 3 times a week, M/W/F from 5:30-6:30pm
Senior Team: Practices 5 times a week, M/W/F 6:30-7:30pm and T/TH from 5:30-7:30pm
2017-2018 SPEED DEMONS SWIM TEAM REGISTRATION
SPEED DEMONS SWIM TEAM 2017
2017 Team Tryouts
September 22nd, 23rd and 24th
Granby Elementary Pool 5:30pm-6:30pm
Senior Swimmers: 11 & up
Fulton Family Y Member $315/Non-member $365
Practice Nights: Mon/Wed/Fri 6:30pm-7:30pm Tue/Thur 5:30pm-7:30pm
Junior Swimmers : 10 & under
Fulton Family Y Member $290/Non-member $340
Mon/Wed/ Fri 5:30pm-6:30pm
*Payment plans are available
2017 Swim Uniform:
Swimsuits and jammers will be included in the payment plan or can be paid in full when registering for the 2017/2018 program.
Sign ups for returning swimmers: Opens Aug 15th.
2017 SPEED DEMONS SUMMER SWIM PROGRAM
This 8-week technique development program will introduces swimmers to new drills, techniques, and swimming strategies,and is designed for swimmers who are proficient in all four strokes and are looking to become more competitive in all swimming events.
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00-11:00am
June 27th-August 17th
Coach Grace Trepasso
Week 1 (6/27,29): Dryland / X-training
Week 2 (7/4,6): Walls
Week 3 (7/11,13): Freestyle
Week 4 (7/18,20): Backstroke
Week 5 (7/25,27): Butterfly
Week 6 (8/1,3): Breaststroke
Week 7 (8/8,10): IM
Week 8 (8/15,17): Sprint / Race
Fulton Y members: $100
Multi-swimmer discount: $25 off each additional swimmer
Minimum 15 swimmers, maximum 25.
Completed registration forms and fees must be submitted to the
Fulton Family YMCA by June 1st.
*This program meets at the Granby Pool, 400 W 7th Street.
Printable Registration Form
Printable Information Flyer
TEAM RECORDS AND QUALIFYING TIMES
Districts Qualifying Times NYS YMCA Qualifying Times 2016/2017
Fulton YMCA Speed Demons Team Records YMCA Team Records
Visit the Parents Group page for information on supporting our team.
Dry Land Training
Access to the Fulton Family Fitness Center!
- Ages 14 & up may use all equipment (does not need orientation, but is recommended)
- Ages 11-13 may use cardio and hoist equipment after completing a Orientation. Please call or stop by to sign up (see below).
Orientation Hours Ages 11-13
* For accommodations for orientation time contact Brea Goss, Health & Wellness Director at the YMCA 598-9622 or email@example.com
- Ages 8-10 who have a Family Membership at the Fulton YMCA may use cardio equipment during designated times (see below) with their parent/guardian who is also a member. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have a Family Membership at the Fulton YMCA 8-10 year olds will not be able to use the fitness center, they can use the pool and basketball court. If you would like to sign up for a Family Membership please see our front desk.
Fitness Center Hours Available for Ages 8-10
- Ages 10 and up may attend ANY YMCA fitness class! Schedules are available at our front desk.
- A Fulton Family YMCA Speed Demons Membership gives you access to the Fulton Family YMCA ONLY.
- If you choose to upgrade to a Fulton Family YMCA Membership you will get the $25.00 join fee waved, full family member benefits at the Fulton Family YMCA, member pricing for Speed Demons and limited access to other YMCA’s in NY.
If you have any further questions you can contact Brea Goss, Swim Team Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.