FULTON YMCA SPEED DEMONS
Speed Demons is a competitive swim team which offers high quality coaching and technique instruction for grades K-12. We are a co-educational, competitive swim team that participates in junior and senior swimming under the direction of the Fulton YMCA.
Since competitive swimming is both a highly individual and team sport, the values of sportsmanship, teamwork, and individual development are stressed.
Our coaching is planned to teach, train and encourage swimmers to achieve their potential in competitive swimming. Swimmers will learn team building, responsibility and commitment which will prove valuable to them as they grow and develop.
Swimmers will learn how to read the warm up board, pace clock and will be introduced to beginner sets and intervals.
Both Junior and Senior teams will learn to enhance the opportunity for this personal development, a policy of “Everybody Swims” is followed.
Cassandra Jones, Head Coach
Brittany Zacharias, Assistant
Junior Team: Practices 3 times a week, M/W/F from 5:30-6:30pm
Senior Team: Practices 5 times a week, M/W/F 6:30-7:30pm and T/TH from 5:30-7:30pm
2018-2019 SPEED DEMONS SWIM TEAM REGISTRATION
SPEED DEMONS SWIM TEAM 2018
Returning Swimmers Sign-up: August 15th
2018 Team Tryouts:
September 18th, 19th and 20th Granby Elementary Pool 5:30pm-6:30pm
Senior Swimmers: 11 & up
Fulton Y Member Male $360 / Female $375 Non-member Male $405 / Female $420 Practice Nights: Mon/Wed/Fri 6:30pm-7:30pm AND Tue/Thur 5:30pm-7:30pm
Junior Swimmers 10 & under
Fulton Y Member Male $335 / Female $350 Non-member Male $385 / Female $400 Practice Nights: Mon/Wed/ Fri 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Payment plans are available
- Multi-Swimmer Discount: $25
- Swimsuit included in fee
Printable Registration Packet:
Printable Volunteer Sign-Up:
Printable Swim Meet Schedule:
Printable Meet Directions:
TEAM RECORDS AND QUALIFYING TIMES
Printable Qualifying Times: 2019 State Qualifying Times
Fulton YMCA Speed Demons Team Records: YMCA Team Records 2017-2018
Visit the Parents Group page for information on supporting our team.
Dry Land Training
Access to the Fulton Family Fitness Center!
- Ages 14 & up may use all equipment (does not need orientation, but is recommended)
- Ages 11-13 may use cardio and hoist equipment after completing a Orientation. Please call or stop by to sign up (see below).
Orientation Hours Ages 11-13
* For accommodations for orientation time contact Brea Goss, Health & Wellness Director at the YMCA 598-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ages 8-10 who have a Family Membership at the Fulton YMCA may use cardio equipment during designated times (see below) with their parent/guardian who is also a member. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have a Family Membership at the Fulton YMCA 8-10 year olds will not be able to use the fitness center, they can use the pool and basketball court. If you would like to sign up for a Family Membership please see our front desk.
Fitness Center Hours Available for Ages 8-10
- Ages 10 and up may attend ANY YMCA fitness class! Schedules are available at our front desk.
- A Fulton Family YMCA Speed Demons Membership gives you access to the Fulton Family YMCA ONLY.
- If you choose to upgrade to a Fulton Family YMCA Membership you will get the $25.00 join fee waved, full family member benefits at the Fulton Family YMCA, member pricing for Speed Demons and limited access to other YMCA’s in NY.
If you have any further questions you can contact Brea Goss, Swim Team Coordinator at email@example.com.