FULTON YMCA SPEED DEMONS
Speed Demons is a competitive swim team which offers high quality coaching and technique instruction for grades K-12. We are a co-educational, competitive swim team that participates in junior and senior swimming under the direction of the Fulton YMCA.
Since competitive swimming is both a highly individual and team sport, the values of sportsmanship, teamwork, and individual development are stressed.
Our coaching is planned to teach, train and encourage swimmers to achieve their potential in competitive swimming. Swimmers will learn team building, responsibility and commitment which will prove valuable to them as they grow and develop.
Swimmers will learn how to read the warm up board, pace clock and will be introduced to beginner sets and intervals.
Both Junior and Senior teams will learn to enhance the opportunity for this personal development, a policy of “Everybody Swims” is followed.
Cassandra Jones, Head Coach
Brittany Zacharias, Assistant Coach
Hannah Jones, Second Assistant Coach
Junior Team: Practices 3 times a week, M/W/F from 5:30-6:30pm
Senior Team: Practices 5 times a week, M/W/F 6:30-7:30pm and T/TH from 5:30-7:30pm
TEAM RECORDS AND QUALIFYING TIMES
Meet Schedule 2016-2017 2016-2017-cny-swim-league-schedule-revised
Districts Qualifying Times NYS YMCA Qualifying Times 2016/2017
Fulton YMCA Speed Demons Team Records YMCA Team Records
CNY YMCA SWIM CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
DIRECTIONS The swim meet is located on the Ithaca College Campus, Ithaca, NY. Please visit http://www.ithaca.edu/about/directions/
LODGING Ithaca Lodging and Restaurant Guide http://www.ithaca.edu/ithacaguide/
Courtyard by Marriott Ithaca Airport/University: 29 Thornwood Drive, Ithaca. 607.330.1000
PARKING Parking is free at the venue. Please follow signage when arriving to campus for designated areas.
SPECTATORS ADMISSION FEES & PROGRAMS: Admission passes and programs will be available for sale in advance on-line beginning January 15, 2017. If available, additional admissions and programs can be purchased at the door beginning approximately one hour before each session warm-up begins. Advance Purchase: ALL Sessions Meet Pass $20.00* Class ABC Multi Session Meet Pass $15.00* Class DE Multi Session Meet Pass $15.00* Single Session Pass $8.00 Meet Program $15.00 At Door Purchase: All Session Meet Pass $25.00* Single Session Pass $10.00 Meet Program $20.00 * Includes Finals
Parking at Ithaca College is free in designated areas. Parking staff will be onsite to help direct traffic.
CONCESSION STAND: Concessions provided by Ithaca College will be on site
Order of Events Printable
Visit the Parents Group page for information on supporting our team.
Dry Land Training
Access to the Fulton Family Fitness Center!
- Ages 14 & up may use all equipment (does not need orientation, but is recommended)
- Ages 11-13 may use cardio and hoist equipment after completing a Orientation. Please call or stop by to sign up (see below).
Orientation Hours Ages 11-13
* For accommodations for orientation time contact Brea Goss, Health & Wellness Director at the YMCA 598-9622 or email@example.com
- Ages 8-10 who have a Family Membership at the Fulton YMCA may use cardio equipment during designated times (see below) with their parent/guardian who is also a member. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have a Family Membership at the Fulton YMCA 8-10 year olds will not be able to use the fitness center, they can use the pool and basketball court. If you would like to sign up for a Family Membership please see our front desk.
Fitness Center Hours Available for Ages 8-10
- Ages 10 and up may attend ANY YMCA fitness class! Schedules are available at our front desk.
- A Fulton Family YMCA Speed Demons Membership gives you access to the Fulton Family YMCA ONLY.
- If you choose to upgrade to a Fulton Family YMCA Membership you will get the $25.00 join fee waved, full family member benefits at the Fulton Family YMCA, member pricing for Speed Demons and limited access to other YMCA’s in NY.
If you have any further questions you can contact Brea Goss, Swim Team Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.